Use data-driven insight to make a commercial difference
About the job
Who we are
We build some of the most highly regarded, innovative datasets in the market and our people are the best at manipulating that data to provide insight to our clients. We are experts in all things consumer and location and bring together cutting-edge analytical techniques, creative thinking and diverse perspectives to drive growth for our clients. You will be joining a 250 strong team working in over 50 markets globally.
Our people are what really make us different. We are a growing and dynamic group of analysts, data scientists and commercially savvy consultants. We are passionate, progressive and unafraid of challenge; our mission is to use data-driven insight to make a commercial difference.
What you’ll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity to join as a senior consultant. We are the
largest independent property research advisor in the UK, working across retail, leisure, residential, office, logistics and mixed-use assets. You will get the opportunity to work with some of the biggest property landlords in Europe.
As part of our team you will get the opportunity to work on all elements of client projects. The main role will consist of analysing data and delivering strategic recommendations to clients, project management, managing client relationships and helping to win new business.
We are constantly looking for new datasets and ways of enhancing our proposition and you will have the opportunity to work with the newest and most innovative consumer data in the marketplace.
Here are some of the specific challenges we help our clients solve:
- Who are my visitors, what do they want from a location and how should we engage with them?
- What wider consumer trends (e.g. Covid-19) are shaping the industry and how should we, as a business, adapt accordingly?
- What type of residential units shall I build based on the likely buyers/renters in the area?
- How are local workers engaging with the retail, F&B and leisure offer in the area and what do we need to do to capture their spend?
- What is the optimum location to build, or invest in, logistics hubs?
- What is the optimum mix of retail, F&B, leisure, office and residential in an area?
We work with very senior stakeholders and from day one you will be given the opportunity to join meetings with our clients. We believe that if you carry out the work then you should be given the opportunity to present to the client, regardless of their seniority.
Who you are
- Excellent written/verbal English
- Good inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate technical results to non-technical individual
- Experience in presenting reports and conclusions
- Experience in managing consulting projects and clients
- The ability to distil conclusions from statistical outputs
- Good understanding of all Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of, and interest in, the retail sector
- Experience of working in customer insight, specifically in the retail or property sector
Ideally you will also have:
- Exposure to and/or appreciation of GIS software and its applications
- Good understanding of Alteryx
- Understanding of statistical modelling techniques
- Knowledge of BI dashboard tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
What we can offer you
We don’t settle for people that can just do the job, we look for people that are constantly trying to push the boundaries and improve what we do. This is what makes us a great team to be a part of.
Innovation is hugely important to us and we guarantee everybody in the business gets to spend 5% of their time innovating and training. If you are an innovative thinker and like to challenge the norm, coming up with new ways of doing things, then you will be surrounded by likeminded people.
Our goal is to be the biggest, and best, consultancy in the property sector, providing top quality insights, using cutting edge, innovative analytical techniques to the UK and Europe’s biggest retail, residential, office and logistics companies. As a member of our team, you will be key to helping us achieve this goal.
We understand that your career progression is important to you. Unlike many organisations, promotions happen twice a year. This gives you more opportunity to progress. People get promoted on merit, when they are ready. This means that your career is completely in your own
hands and there is never a ceiling for your progress. Everyone’s career path is different. We welcome people exploring different areas and trying out new skillsets. Just because you start off down one path doesn’t mean you are committed to it indefinitely. You have the freedom to carve your own career path.
The key to our success is our teamwork and collaboration and that tends to work best when we are all in the office working together. That said, we fully appreciate that everyone leads busy lives and we can’t always be in the office. This is why we embrace flexible working. Covid-19 has changed the way we work forever and a new flexible working policy will be released when the situation stabilises.
Your development is key and is a top priority for the team. We offer 3 types of training: externally run consulting courses, externally run bespoke courses and internal courses. Everyone has different training requirements which means everyone has their own training plan. A bespoke training plan will be created for you when you join.
We have a range of benefits on offer to support you. We have a comprehensive list of schemes ranging from pension plans to health and wellness policies, in addition you can opt into a selection of flexible benefits to meet your personal needs.
How to apply
Send our CV and covering letter to Steve Halsall at Red Tiger Talent on email@example.com.