- Join a leading Australian retail brand
- High impact role supporting our continued growth
- Visa sponsorship & relocation assistance to Melbourne
We’re one of Australia’s leading retail organisations. For over 100 years, we’ve been a highly regarded and much loved part of Australian life. And while we’re immensely proud of our history, we’re also very excited about our future growth. This is a unique opportunity for you to join some of the greatest minds in global retail and enjoy the relaxed lifestyle that we’re famous for Down Under.
Coles have announced that they have ambitious store opening plans for the future. Reporting to the Head of Network Planning, you will be at the heart of this growth story as you advise where to open new stores across Victoria and New South Wales. You will determine the level of sales that they could generate across our Food, Liquor and Fuel businesses. Ably supported by a talented team, a key part of the role will be leading and developing the team to continued success. Please note this role is based in our Store Support Centre in Melbourne and there will be some travel involved; anticipating two days interstate travel per month.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Rrelevant tertiary qualification; Geography, Town Planning, Economics, Property etc.
- Previous Network Planning experience, preferably with a large retailer or specialist retail/ property consultancy
- Clear demonstration of driving change processes within a team
- Presenting property proposals and insight to Board Directors/ General Managers
- Strong ability to lead and develop a team
- Strong skills in analysing data, conducting reviews, and trending results in order to identify and drive sales building opportunities
- Confidence to voice your own opinion and provide independent advice
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Setting the long term growth strategy for the Coles Group (Food, Liquor and Convenience) across multiple states
- Providing accurate sales forecasts for proposals for new stores and renewals
- Providing and presenting insight on the retail market to ELT
- Leading an area of change across the Network Planning Function (e.g. Liquor, CEXP, Strategy, Accuracy)
- Managing a small team of skilled analysts
Coles is a fast-paced, constantly changing business that focuses your talents and challenges you to perform at your best. As a team, we’re bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion, always looking for better ways to transform retail and delight customers.
- If that isn’t exciting enough, as a team member at Coles you:
- will receive a staff discount and exclusive team member offers
- can enjoy a convenience store located onsite
- are able to sample new products and flavours before they hit the shelves
- have access to a Fitness Centre and Body Therapy Clinic
- will be part of a fun and inclusive culture where customer, community and team are at the heart of what we do
Today, Coles is one of Australia’s iconic retailers, providing a range of fresh food, groceries, general merchandise, liquor and fuel to millions of customers every week. We have a combination of over 2,400 retail outlets across Australia covering Coles supermarkets, Coles Express fuel and convenience sites, Spirit Hotels and liquor stores under Liquorland, Vintage Cellars and First Choice Liquor branding. While some things have changed over the years, one thing remains the same – our customer first strategy. We have over 112,000 fantastic team members across the country that are focused on making life easier for our customers and making a difference to the communities we serve every day.
Working Down Under
We’ll provide visa sponsorship and relocation assistance to Melbourne
For confidential enquiries please contact either:
Richard Lyness, Head of Network Planning Phone: +61 408 347 782 Email: Richard.Lyness@coles.com.au
or Ehlana Lane, Talent Acquisition Specialist Phone: +61 03 9829 5867 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply go to www.colescareers.com.au and enter Job Number 63646.
Please mention that you heard it here first!
Closing date for applications is Monday 26th October 2018