About the job
Who we are
At CACI we do amazing things with data. We build some of the most highly regarded, innovative data led solutions in the market and our people are the best at manipulating that data to provide insight to our clients. We are experts in all things consumer and location and bring together cutting-edge analytical techniques, software, creative thinking and diverse perspectives to drive growth for our clients. As part of the wider Marketing Solutions Division you will be joining a 250 strong team working in over 50 markets globally and as part of CACI Inc, one of the newest members of the Fortune500.
Our people are what really make us different. We are a growing and dynamic group of analysts, data scientists and commercially savvy consultants. We are passionate, progressive and unafraid of change; our mission is to use data-driven insight to make a commercial difference.
What you’ll be doing
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Logistics Solutions team and contribute to the consultative and analytical delivery of logistics and spatial projects. We are part of the leading Location Intelligence team in the world, responsible for delivering advanced spatial analysis and insight to major organisations across a range of sectors and countries. Operating with many of the leading businesses in the UK and internationally, we provide cutting edge software and innovative data and consultancy. As part of our growth we now wish to recruit an analytical consultant to deliver and design solutions that help our clients optimise their logistics strategies in an age when logistics is an increasingly important market.
As part of our team, this wide-ranging role will require you to deliver innovative and pragmatic solutions using our state-of-the-art software solutions, data and technology. You will deliver solutions that optimise routes, networks, locations and assets. There are also opportunities to contribute your expertise to our sister team, Location Analytics, delivering pioneering spatial solutions to our retail, CPG and leisure clients.
We work with across all levels within an organisation from senior stakeholders to planners and analysts, and your contribution to their business can realise substantial savings. We would expect you to use your logistics and analytical expertise to:
- Deliver creative and impactful analytical solutions that enable clients to work more efficiently and effectively
- Work with clients to implement software and data solutions and help build capacity within their teams
- Contribute to consultancy projects, delivering advice and actionable intelligence into clients’ logistics functions
- Blend CACI data and analysis into logistics and spatial solutions, demonstrating value along the way
- Provide input into the development of our data and software solutions
We are looking for a candidate to join our Logistic technical team – working with companies from a broad range of sectors (e.g. retail, haulage, grocery, telematics), within the UK, across Europe and internationally.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical background and experience of working with logistics and supply chain. You will have a passion for data and analysis, with proven ability to deliver creative and innovative analytical solutions. In addition, there will be a high degree of client contact, so you should have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Client focussed with an eye on delivering value at every touchpoint
- Proven capability to deliver analytical solutions either in a consultancy environment or through a logistics/supply chain function
- You are self-motivated and driven to deliver exceptional solutions
- Have a curiosity and passion for logistics, data, analytics and innovation
- A strong communicator with the ability to simplify concepts into transparent and pragmatic solutions for a non-technical audience
- Capable of providing insights and recommendations from complex information for consultative projects
Your skills, knowledge and experience
We’re actively seeking someone to enhance our analytical capability as we grow and deliver consultative, innovative solutions.
Ideally you will have:
- Previous work experience in a logistics analytical role, preferably with a knowledge stretching across warehousing, routing, fulfilment and supply chain
- Have experience of working with logistics planning tools
- Excellent oral and written communication (a foreign language is advantageous)
- An appreciation of data and how this can support logistics consultancy
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Project management skills
- Self-motivated, organised, detail-oriented, with a positive, “can do” attitude.
Whilst not essential, the following skills would also be desirable.
- A working knowledge of logistics planning tools
- Experience designing predictive models and dashboards
- An appreciation of 3rd party data and how it can blend with logistics solutions
What we can offer you
We don’t settle for people that can just do the job, we look for people that are constantly trying to push the boundaries and improve what we do. This is what makes CACI a great team to be a part of.
Innovation is hugely important to us, and we guarantee everybody in the business gets to spend a minimum of 5% of their time innovating and training. If you are an innovative thinker and like to challenge the norm, coming up with new ways of doing things, then you will be surrounded by likeminded people at CACI.
We understand that your career progression is important to you. Unlike many organisations, promotions happen twice a year at CACI. This gives you more opportunity to progress. At CACI people get promoted on merit when they are ready. This means that your career is completely in your own hands and there is never a ceiling for your progress.
Everyone’s career path is different. We welcome people exploring different areas and trying out new skillsets. Just because you start off down one path doesn’t mean you are committed to it indefinitely. At CACI you have the freedom to carve your own career path.
The key to our success is our teamwork and collaboration and that tends to work best when we are all in the office working together. That said, we fully appreciate that everyone leads busy lives, and we can’t always be in the office, which is why we embrace flexible working. Covid-19 has changed the way we work forever, and a new flexible working policy will be released when the situation stabilises.
Your development is key and is a top priority for the team. We offer 3 types of training: externally run consulting courses, externally run bespoke courses and internal courses. Everyone has different training requirements which means everyone has their own training plan. A bespoke training plan will be created for you when you join.
We have a range of benefits on offer to support you. We have a comprehensive list of schemes ranging from pension plans to health and wellness policies, in addition you can opt into a selection of flexible benefits to meet your personal needs.