Who are the JD Group?
The JD Group is the leading international multi-channel retailer of branded sportswear and fashion wear. We operate over 3300+ stores, across 4 continents and 29 countries under a number of fascias providing our customers with the latest products from the very best sports, fashion and outdoor brands.
Reporting Into: European Location Strategy & Insight Manager
Location/Hours: Flexible – HQ, Bury, England
Hours of work: 40 Hours Per Week – hours of work will be flexible (minimum of 60% of working hours office based – subject to travel) and dictated by the needs of the business. It is expected that the successful applicant will work those hours necessary to successfully fulfil the duties of the role.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to support the expansion
of Group’s store network across Europe. Your primary responsibility
will be to provide detailed market analysis and accurate sales
forecasts, to ensure that capital investment is targeted at
opportunities that deliver optimum returns. In addition you will also
undertake a wide range of location and consumer related project
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the
following skills and experience:
• Support the development and implementation of the JD Europe property strategy.
• Produce the business case (including catchment, demographic and competitor analysis, site visit and detailed sales forecast) for all new store opportunities across several key European markets.
• Travel to gain in-depth, on the ground knowledge of designated territories.
• Work with the Data Analyst team to build and analyse key databases (ie. store, competition, footfall, in-house Retail Venue rankings) to identify key drivers of store performance and enhance sales forecasting.
• Undertake post investment analysis to refine future store assessments.
• Promote the use of spatial, consumer and online insight across business functions.
• Support the Location Strategy team with ad hoc fieldwork, market research and analysis across all existing and target territories.
• Strong passion for spatial analysis and site selection.
• Full understanding of location planning techniques and geodemographics.
• Experience in the application of spatial analytical tools such as GIS (Ie. ARC, MapIndo) and Alteryx.
• Ability to communicate (both written & verbal) crossfunctionally and to a wide variety of audiences.
• Proven spatial and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
• High level of self motivation, with ability to work within a team and independently.
• Willingness to travel
• 1-2 years’ experience of working within a Retail or Consultancy
location planning team.
• Experience of sales forecasting.
• Knowledge of UK, European or International retail markets
For this role you would need a full driving licence and a valid
If you are interested in joining the team then please forward a
covering letter and a copy of your CV to:
Talent Acquisition Executive
Or candidates can apply via the careers site – https://careers.jdplc.com/jobs/4106887101-location-strategy-insight-analyst-europe
Good luck! And tell them you heard about it here first.