The role of the Location Planning Partner is to be the key link between our customers and the rest of the Geolytix team. The Location Planning Partner understands and can articulate the art and science of location analysis and is passionate about its value in decision making. They also understand the broader context of our customers businesses and how location analysis fits within that.
- Project managing: the delivery of projects (e.g. implementing gravity models and overhauling site forecasting processes). This covers the full end to end delivery of the project, from initial customer relationship, through pitch, scoping, costing, co-ordinating the internal Geolytix delivery team, stakeholder management, final delivery, budget, invoicing and customer aftercare.
- Managing relationships with our clients: Ongoing – before, during and after projects.
- Analysis and providing insight: Pull out key insights after looking at the team’s analysis. (e.g. providing a strategic view for customer’s new space strategies). Mentoring others in the team (and sometimes customers) in approaches to analysis. Getting stuck into the data and doing own analysis. Maintain a thorough knowledge of the market sectors and retail geographies of the countries we serve, and recognised as an expert in location analysis.
- Communication: Deliver clear, engaging written and verbal presentations and papers. Communicate across all types of stakeholders – senior management, in-house location planner, non-location planning customer (eg. IT), modellers, developers etc. Explain complex analysis in simple terms and take on the role of the ‘user’ with technical team members. Support others in the team to provide the same quality of communication.
- Securing new business: Maintaining a strong network of potential customers. Play an active role in developing our data and service offers to ensure we lead our field. Know what the competitive landscape is. Leading and supporting sales pitches.
You’ll be working with the thought leaders in spatial analysis. We seek new and innovate ways to make spatial analytics accessible, thrilling and indispensable. Our customers span the retail, financial, property, leisure and food & beverage industries, in and outside the UK.
We support our customers in network planning, site location, estate rationalisation and omni-channel investments. We combine various forecasting methods and statistical models, GIS and web tools to create bespoke solutions. We are always looking to do things better and we look forward to what we can learn from you. You’ll also have the opportunity to build on any skills you haven’t managed to learn.
- You will be able to interact comfortably with our customers, interpreting their needs and engaging senior management.
- You can create succinct and convincing reports and presentations.
- You have excellent analytical skills and can integrate and interpret quantitative and qualitative data to produce practical and commercially relevant outputs.
- You know your way around a GIS and understand a variety of forecasting techniques.
- You want to be original – you don’t want to do the same old, same old. You’re consistently looking for innovation.
- You enjoy the world of retail, and have a good grasp of UK geography.
Your qualifications and experience
- Around 2-3 years location planning experience
- A university degree – ideally geography, town planning, economics, statistics or similar
- Relevant industry sector knowledge ideal but not essential
Our office’s are located in London and Leeds. You’ll need to be flexible and travel where our customers are. In return we will also be flexible.
Competitive salary. Full time or part time considered.
If you are interested in this role and are looking for your next challenge, please contact Samantha Colebatch, Customer & Delivery Director on email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.