Report to: Head of Property
Location: Field Based – UK
As an integral member of the property team this role leads the business intelligence, analysis and insight that shapes our portfolio strategy across our group businesses – stores, garages and mobile hubs. The role informs all aspects of our property work from strategic activity through acquisitions and disposals, and regular support in appraising lease renewals. The role leads the insight of where and how our customers shop our physical locations and supports the implementation and review of all portfolio changes.
Reporting to the ‘Head of Property, your key responsibilities include:
- Provides geographical, demographic and population analysis detailing the size and customer make-up of the catchment to determine who are we serving for a given store/centre – to include drive time, mosaic profile, impact of highways and boundaries.
- Responsibility to maintain, update and improve the Experian contract and MicroMarketer ensuring it is fit for purpose as well as a sound knowledge of other GIS providers on the market
- Provides the following information to Property (Retail, Autocentre, Mobile hubs); basic and detailed catchment data for property acquisitions, store closures and lease expiry analysis
- Makes specific location recommendations that enable Halfords to serve most customers in the catchment hence maximising the sales opportunity
- Provides Competitor Analysis –tracks, reports and communicates competitor opening programme, develops insights on their strategy and reports on impacts/risks/opportunities
- Sales Forecasting – forecasting sales & transfer rates for openings/relocations/closures; market share analysis to give view of headroom in a particular market; cannibalisation effects of relocation or new opening on the portfolio.
- Fully utilises and exploits all data sources to create a full understanding of the local market dynamics e.g. Competition, Halfords Trade card, online data, postcode capture, drivetime data etc.
- In conjunction with the property accountant provide post audit assessment and use key leanings to inform future portfolio strategies
- Informs the overall Property Strategy helping us to serve 90% of the population
- Supports local marketing team for activities related to store change i.e. Right sizing, Relocations,
- Strong Analytical skills
- Understanding of sales forecasting
- Solid GIS skills
- Experience of handling and interrogating large complex databases (inc using specialist tools such as SPSS, XLStat, SAS, SQL, MM)
- Highly numerate
- Adept in the use of Window based applications including advanced Access and Excel skills
- Articulate (verbal and written)
- High levels of judgement and influence
- Familiar with MOSAIC
- Good Geographical Knowledge of UK & ROI.
- Degree Level Education – Geography/Economics/GIS
- Experience of working in a multi-site environment
- The ability to develop portfolio strategies for new stores, closures and relocations both in the UK and ROI