A trusted retailer, delivering quality, value and service
- Join a leading Australian retail brand
- High impact role supporting our continued growth
- Visa sponsorship & relocation assistance to Melbourne
We’re one of Australia’s leading retail organisations. For over 100 years, we’ve been a highly regarded and much-loved part of Australian life. And while we’re immensely proud of our history, we’re also very excited about our future growth. This is a unique opportunity for you to join some of the greatest minds in global retail and enjoy the relaxed lifestyle that we’re famous for Down Under.
Today, Coles is one of Australia’s iconic retailers, providing a range of fresh food, groceries, general merchandise, liquor, and fuel to millions of customers every week. We have a combination of over 2,500 retail outlets across Australia covering Cole’s supermarkets, Coles Express fuel and convenience sites, liquor stores under Liquor land, Vintage Cellars and First
Choice Liquor branding. While some things have changed over the years, one thing remains the same – our customer first strategy. We have over 112,000 fantastic team members across the country that are focused on making life easier for our customers and making a difference to the communities we serve every day.
Our property team looks after one of the most dynamic portfolios in the country. Working with teams across the business, we provide a range of services from location planning, site acquisition, leasing, and renewals, through to development, construction, and asset management. We’re growing too, so it’s a great time to jump on board and build your career.
What you’ll be doing
Here at Coles Group, we have ambitious store opening plans for our Liquor brands!
Reporting to the Head of Location Planning, you will be at the heart of this growth story as you advise where to open new stores across and determine the level of sales that they could generate across our Food, Liquor and Fuel businesses.
This role is accountable for setting new space targets for multiple Liquor brands (Liquor land, Vintage Cellars, First Choice Liquor Market). Producing an ambitious network plan to provide a pool of opportunities from which future space, sales and profit growth can be drawn will be pivotal to the success of this position.
You will also:
- Present property proposals and insight to varied senior managers
- Produce strategic reports to senior stakeholders on a regular basis
- Lead a small driven team and support the future development of this team
- Manage a detailed and actionable post investment reviews on all major capex decisions
- Partner strongly with senior stakeholders with relevant stakeholders across the group.
Good things you’ll need
We are looking for someone who has comprehensive location or network planning experience with developed leadership skills to manage a small of skilled analysts.
You’ll also need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification; Geography, Town Planning, Economics, Property etc.
- Previous location or network planning experience, preferably with a large retailer or specialist retail/ property consultancy
- Clear demonstration of driving change processes within a team
- Presenting property proposals and insight to Board Directors/ General Managers
- Strong ability to lead and develop a team
- Comprehensive skills in analysing data, conducting reviews, and trending results to identify and drive sales building opportunities
- Confidence to voice your own opinion and provide independent advice
Please note that applications will close on Sunday 15th May.
Given the state/ territory of the position you are applying for, and to enable Coles to provide a safe environment for its team members, there may be a requirement for you to receive a COVID-19 vaccination before commencing work for Coles, unless you are medically exempt.
Given this, you will be required to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application for employment with Coles. You may be required to provide further evidence of vaccination status as part of your application.