Location Planning Analyst
£Highly competitive basic salary + a great benefits package including private medical and dental, bonus and of course lots of pizza!
Reporting to Head of Development, the Location Planning Analyst will support DPG achieve its growth plans through the development of a network strategy and by providing accurate sales forecasts of new store opportunities, which will deliver a profitable return to our franchisees. Become a subject matter expert in your region– understanding the interplay of our existing store network, whitespace opportunities for growth and competitive landscape, foster credible relationships with franchisees ,by adding qualitative insight to the quant data, to support new store growth.
In addition, build strong relationships with franchisees and colleagues across the business by providing locational, technical, and analytical insight to DPG and franchisees to optimise store/territory performance.
- The go-to person for stores & network plan requirements in your region/supported franchisees, expert in store performance, property/territory and catchment demographics
- Identify further opportunities and potential gaps in your regions network which could unlock further new store openings. Understand spatially where there is further order count & sales headroom
- Review, update and maintain the growth plan for your geographical regions/supported franchisees including the store network plan (relocations, closures)
- Conduct field work (visiting territories, new sites, stores and competitors) & combine with analytics to provide accurate sales forecasts and location appraisals for new store opportunities. Fieldwork will require some midweek travel within UK & ROI. Delivering the right store in the right location at the right time
- Provide the necessary GIS, technical and analytical support to successfully launch a new store opening including relocations
Analysis & Insight
- Provide data-based insight and analysis to help inform recommendations and guide the decision-making process
- Use a combination of analytical and GIS expertise to unlock, improve and identify new growth opportunities for Domino’s (new store locations, relocations, territory allocation, target areas)
- Understand the performance & incremental gain from investment decisions and feed key learnings into further growth strategy & analysis
Tools, Technology & Capability
- Utilise GIS as a method of delivering insight and to convey recommendations to support decision making
- Apply analytical and statistical techniques to develop and improve existing tools and models
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Geography, GIS, Mathematics or Statistics
- Ideally experience in either a location planning or spatial data/analysis role at a retailer or services environment is desirable
- Experience of using Geographic Information Systems for spatial analysis (ESRI ArcGIS preferred)
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Tableau, Power BI & Alteryx beneficial
- You will be an explorer and happy to travel the length and breath of the UK and ROI, must hold current driving licence
- Excellent analytical skills, with an ability to work with both qualitative and quantitative data
- Able to confidently translate findings to stakeholders from non-analytical backgrounds in a logical and concise way.
For the right person Domino’s will provide the opportunity to develop skills and experience with a market leading brand along with a competitive salary and great benefits such as company pension, private medical and dental, discretionary bonus, free parking and of course – discounted pizza!
Please state your salary expectations in your application.