Location Intelligence at CACI
At CACI we believe every organisation should do amazing things with data to evidence decisions and identify opportunities. We provide our clients with actionable solutions to complex problems and pride ourselves in having market-leading capabilities in all key areas of service – ‘doing the right thing’ for our clients to ensure long-lasting relationships.
You will be working with the leading Location Intelligence team across the world, responsible for delivering advanced spatial analysis and insight to major organisations across a range of sectors and countries. We provide analytical consultancy, cutting edge software and the latest data to help our clients optimise their location strategies across both the physical and digital landscape. Projects can last anywhere between a week and 6 months, ranging from performance analysis, customer insight, defining network strategies, BI & visualisation and predictive modelling. We collaborate closely with our clients to ensure we understand their aims and objectives, incorporate their feedback and knowledge, and develop a bespoke solution to meet their business needs.
We are looking for a candidate with up to 5 years’ experience, to work within our Location Analytics technical team – working with companies from a broad range of sectors (e.g. retail, leisure, grocery, automotive and the public sector), both within the UK and internationally.
The ideal candidate would consider themselves to be a problem solver with strong data skills, who can come up with creative solutions to real world problems. In addition, there will be a high degree of client contact, so you should have excellent communication and presentation skills.
Who you are
- You are a problem solver who can dissect complex business problems and find innovative ways to deliver a solution.
- You excel in analysing large data sets, and enjoy identifying insights, trends and opportunities.
- You are self-motivated, willing to learn new skills and comfortable receiving a high level of responsibility from day one.
- Have a curiosity and passion for data, analytics and innovation.
- A strong communicator, simplifying complex data into compelling and insightful stories.
- Capable of providing high-quality insights and recommendations from complex information for consultative projects.
What you will do
- Help create and deliver a wide range of bespoke projects using a variety of different techniques and tools.
- Develop creative and impactful analyses to drive real world strategies and outcomes.
- Deliver solutions and tools that enable our team and clients to work more efficiently and effectively.
- Communicate insights and technical approaches to clients verbally and in writing, including documenting analytical methodologies for reports and developing graphs and charts appropriate for use by senior executives.
- Use your experience and knowledge to contribute to innovations in Location Analytics and in the wider CACI business.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience required
- A degree in a numerate discipline or proven consulting experience.
- Experience in an analytical / consulting role.
- Knowledge and experience building spatial and non-spatial models in real-world applications.
- Familiar with ETL and business intelligence platforms (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI, etc).
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- You are a self-starter and willing to bring new ideas to the business to develop your colleagues and the wider team.
- Demonstrate a creative curiosity and passion for your role.
- Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, with a positive, “can do” attitude.
Desirable skills and experience
- Familiar with database query language (e.g. SQL).
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Familiar with programming languages (e.g. R, Python) and experience with, learning to write and maintain programming code and database scripts.
- Can demonstrate skills in algorithm development, data manipulation and visualisation.
- A communicative person that can explain complex topics in simple terms.
- Experience and knowledge of the consumer retail market or areas within the public sector.
- Competitive salary and benefits package (including technical team bonus)
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme enrolment
- Health & Wellbeing Cash Plan benefit
- Private healthcare scheme (eligible after two years of service)
- Life assurance, personal accident and income protection cover
- Optional season ticket and bicycle purchase loans
- Free Gym membership
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
The role will also be based out of CACI’s head office in Kensington, London, fitted with all the necessary precautions for social distancing in the workplace. However, as we continue to work under the government’s current COVID-19 guidance, it is expected that much of this role will be done remotely for the near future.