Excellent Salary and benefits package, please state your salary expectations in your application.
Following our continued record number of store openings and long-term ambition for up to 1,600 stores in the UK & ROI the Location Planning team help play a crucial role to support Domino’s vision to become the number one pizza company in every neighbourhood. From developing a robust network plan through to understanding what makes our stores perform the way they do and how to make the most of our data this is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team tackling key strategic questions.
You will be a leader and subject matter expert in GIS and spatial analytics across the business. Owning the system and driving improvements in data management and analysis, you will ultimately support new store opening programme and forecast accuracy for all investments. You will be responsible for developing new modelling and forecasting techniques, incorporating learnings from previous store investments to shape future decisions. You will maximise the use of our tools, data and GIS to ensure that we make the right decisions for our customers, franchisees and the system.
- Own our GIS (ESRI Managed Service) and relationship with our third-party supplier including the initial migration from an internal Azure structure to an ESRI AWS Managed Service (Summer 2022). Support the head of location planning with this initial transition and then own & maintain the system going forward.
- Responsible for Database Management, initial triage, internal data issue resolution, administrating ARCGIS Enterprise, managing user groups. Adding, removing, and managing all data in Portal.
- Understand our externally built forecasting tools & models, identify opportunities for improvements, test & implement before roll out.
- Develop custom tools within ESRI to support the New Store Opening Programme & improve forecast accuracy.
- Support , analyse and review the drivers of store performance at a local, regional and national level to inform our new store opening programme and network expansion strategy
- Develop internal forecast modelling solutions which can be productionised to improve forecast accuracy.
- Perform statistical techniques and be an expert in predictive analytics – multiple regression, T Testing, Chi-Square to describe future outcomes, behaviours & trends.
- Conduct causal analysis to understand root causes of above or below store performance.
- Develop custom GIS and Excel add ins to drive efficiency across location planning.
- Support the location planning team in enhancing the network location strategy (Growth Plan) to ensure we open the right store in the right location at the right time
- Own the Data Management Plan (Internal, 3rd Party and Open Source) – working closely with the DWh team with periodic data updates.
- Work collaboratively with IT, DWh and BI teams to test, develop & implement new solutions.
What we are looking for
- Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of GIS ideally in a fast paced retail or services environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the ArcGIS Enterprise suite and architecture proficient in all geoprocessing tools, model builder, app development, Python/ArcPY
- Advanced SQL database management & manipulation (at least one of PostgreSQL, MSSQL, Google BigQuery, SparkSQL)
- and proficient coding skills in at least one of Python or R
- Experience in predictive analytics & casual analysis
- Advanced Excel skills (including advanced formula, Macro, VBA and Statistical add ins & can work with Cubes)
- Use of Data Visualisation (Power BI) would be advantageous
- Geography, Mathematics or Statistics Degree or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Adopt a right first time mentality when it comes to database management and process.
- Curious and loves to play with Data – questions & interrogates; identifies areas of improvement & data robustness
- Ability to utilise statistical techniques and translate them into actionable insight
What we are offering
For the right person Domino’s will provide the opportunity to develop skills and experience with a market leading FTSE 250 brand along with a competitive salary and great benefits such as company pension, private medical and dental, discretionary bonus and of course – discounted pizza!