At GEOLYTIX we seek new and innovative ways to make spatial analytics accessible, exciting and indispensable. Our customers span the retail, financial, property, leisure and food & beverage industries, across the world.
We build innovative solutions to support our clients to make better decisions combining various forecasting methods and statistical models, GIS and web tools to create bespoke solutions. We are always looking to
do things better.
We have fun and value every member of our team. Are you our next Data Scientist?
- You’re already an experienced data scientist or modeller – your idea of a good day is receiving huge amounts of data and working out how customers are going to behave.
● You enjoy problem solving, and will be building gravity or regression models, for a variety of clients across wide ranging sectors. You’ll use machine learning alongside as a comparison.
● You want to be original – you don’t want to do the same old, same old. You’re consistently looking for innovation.
● You know all the statistical techniques e.g. why regression is sometimes not a good idea.
● You know your way around a GIS.
● You enjoy the world of retail, and have a good grasp of geography.
● You know enough about programming so that you’re quick and efficient, anything you don’t know you can quickly grasp.
● If you don’t have experience with really big data, you’ll be keen to learn how we process it at Geolytix.
● You’re a ‘people person’ and build relationships with customers as you will lead projects on your own.
Your qualifications and experience
- Experience of SQL for the manipulation of data (e.g. postgres)
- Modelling & Statistical Analysis experience, ideally customer related
- A university degree – numbers based, Computer Science or Geography
- Relevant industry sector knowledge ideal but not essential
- A strong communicator with the ability to work with colleagues remotely across the globe
- Be able to provide evidence of attention to detail, proactivity and managing deadlines
Our offices are in Leeds and Clerkenwell, London. The role can be located in either. Competitive salary.
We’re a young and growing company who embrace flexible working; full time or part time, family friendly hours and/or working from home days considered
If you are interested in this role and are looking for your next challenge, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.