Marketing, Technology and Data Specialists
It’s been a while since we shared any job advertisements so hopefully, as we settle into our second lockdown here in the UK this is a good indication that the economy at least is looking good.
Location Intelligence at CACI
At CACI we believe every organisation should do amazing things with data to evidence decisions and identify opportunities. We provide our clients with actionable solutions to complex problems and pride ourselves in having market-leading capabilities in all key areas of service – ‘doing the right thing’ for our clients to ensure long-lasting relationships.
You will be working with the leading Location Intelligence team across the world, responsible for delivering advanced spatial analysis and insight to major organisations across a range of sectors and countries. We provide consultancy, cutting edge software and the latest data to help our clients optimise their location strategies across both the physical and digital landscape. Projects typically last between a week and 6 months, ranging from performance analysis, customer insight, defining network strategies, BI & visualisation and advanced predictive modelling. We work closely with our clients to ensure we understand their aims and objectives, incorporate their feedback and knowledge, and develop a bespoke solution to meet their business needs.
We are looking for a data scientist with up to 5 years’ experience, to work within our Location Intelligence technical team. It is a young and sociable team that are looking for a self-motivated person with a willingness to learn new skills and who is comfortable receiving a high level of responsibility from day one.
Within the wider Location Intelligence team, we work with companies from a broad range of sectors, both within the UK and internationally, including retail, leisure, grocery, automotive and the public sector.<br>We are looking for a problem solver, who can come up with creative solutions to our clients’ problems and help to drive innovation and efficiency within the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Taking on deep-dive analysis of data and generate new business insights with the development of predictive models
- Helping to create and deliver a wide range of bespoke projects and tools using a variety of different environments, languages and techniques
- Developing our analytical capabilities, researching related technologies and approaches, enabling other areas of the group
- Playing a part in owning and maintaining the underlying processes and infrastructure we are building to support the day-to-day work
Core skills, knowledge, experience required
- A degree in a numerate discipline and strong understanding of statistics
- Familiar with programming languages (e.g. R, Python) and experience with, learning to write and maintain programming code and database scripts
- Knowledge and experience building spatial and non-spatial predictive models in real-world applications.
- Can demonstrate skills in algorithm development, data manipulation and visualisation
- Familiar with analytics and business intelligence platforms (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI, QlikView/Sense)
- You are a self-starter, creative and willing to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrate an intellectual curiosity and passion for learning data science, exploring the fields of data engineering and machine learning
Desirable skills and experience
- Familiar with database query language (e.g. SQL)</li><li>Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience with a cloud platform (e.g. AWS, Snowflake)</li><li>Coding standards, version control (e.g. Git)
- A communicative person that can explain complex topics in simple terms
- Experience and knowledge of the consumer retail market or areas within the public sector
- Competitive salary and benefits package (including technical team bonus)
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme enrolment
- Health & Wellbeing Cash Plan benefit
- Private healthcare scheme (eligible after two years of service)
- Life assurance, personal accident and income protection cover
- Optional season ticket and bicycle purchase loans
- Free Gym membership
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
The role will also be based out of CACI’s head office in Kensington, London, fitted with all the necessary precautions for social distancing in the workplace. However, as we continue to work under the government’s current COVID-19 guidance, it is expected that much of this role will be done remotely for the near future.
To apply for this vacancy please contact Tom Hewer on <a Location_Analytics_Recruitment@caci.co.uk and remember to say you heard about it here first!