The Consumer Data Research Centre (CDRC) are now seeking proposals from businesses for new projects for next year’s CDRC Masters Research Dissertation Programme. This provides a unique opportunity to invite a masters student to undertake a research project on consumer data for your company.
A student project could help you to make progress with:
- Major current issues, such as multi-channel marketing, customer insight, store networks, transport, surveys, social media, brand insight, predictive modelling and many others.
- ‘horizon scanning’ projects that are not of the highest priority in the day-to-day work schedules
- Working with data – both your own in-house data, and also maximising the value to be obtained from Open Data or data from government or administrative sources (available through the CDRC)
- Exploring new techniques and open software
It also publicises your company’s interest in students with data skills.
Previous experience illustrates the main features of the initiative:
- Short summaries of projects from previous years: https://www.cdrc.ac.uk/retail-masters/archive/
- Testimonials – https://www.cdrc.ac.uk/retail-masters/testimonials-2/
The CDRC are aiming to open the application process for masters students from all UK institutions and disciplines in January. Businesses will be required to select an appropriate student from a small number of forwarded applicants and the projects typically take place from May until the end of August. There are no costs, but we ask business partners to provide their student with a £500 bursary and also fund travel expenses upon successful project completion.
If you have a project in mind, please complete the project proposal form (below) and email it to Guy Lansley at email@example.com by the start of December.
All proposals need to be approved before they can be publicised to ensure that the students can maximise the academic potential from their dissertations. Alternatively, feel free to email Guy informally if you would rather discuss rough ideas for projects at this stage.
For more information on the programme visit: https://www.cdrc.ac.uk/retail-masters/information-for-retailers/