What is the Society for Location Analysis?
The Society for Location Analysis (SLA) is a not-for-profit organisation run by a voluntary committee and sponsored by GeoLytix and CACI.
Its aims are to:
- Improve the standing and promote the expertise of site location research.
- Support the interests of the site location research community.
- Encourage cross-fertilisation of information, techniques and practices (this obviously discounts commercially sensitive information).
- Encourage discussions of matters relating to site location research
Benefits of being a member
- Sharing best practice
- Mutual support and networking with like minded people/professionals
- Keeping up to date with the latest site location/GIS issues
- Regular events and meetings
Meetings are a mix of presentations followed by discussion, and social events. Previous
presentations and events include:
- Annual Future Forum
- Government Policy and the Future of Retail
- The Space Syntax of Retail
- Town Centre Development & Regeneration
- Retail Trends – Retail Property Implications
For more information about meetings visit the events page and subscribe online.