This event focuses on the future of work from two perspectives. Firstly, the office environment and hybrid working from a location planning perspective (i.e. where and how we as location planners will work, as well as how and where our potential customers will work). Secondly, we will be drawing on the developmental side of the location planning profession and outline how coaching and mentoring has and will continue to support us in our growth as individuals.
It will also be an opportunity to meet our new co-chairs, Andy Thompson and Steve Halsall, and hear from them about their thoughts on the future of the society.
- Time: 6pm registration
- Start: 6.30pm prompt
- Finish: We aim to finish by 8.30pm
- Venue: The Showroom, Knotel, Old Sessions House, 23 Clerkenwell Green, London, EC1R 0NA
- Getting there: 4 minutes walk from Farringdon station (District, Met, Circle and Elizabeth Line).
- Buses (40, 55, 63, 243 & 341) All within 5 mins walk.
- Welcome and our Proposed Future Vision for the Society Andy Thompson and Steve Halsall
- Andy and Steve share their strategy for the SLA, building on the hard work and success of previous years to continue to grow the society, attract new members and future proof how we run and manage the society.
- Coaching and Mentoring Survey 2023 results – Steve Halsall and Lydia Langdon (University of Leeds)
- Presenting the key findings from the survey conducted earlier this year
- Making hybrid work – how the post pandemic workplace needs to respond – Paul Wells, Workplace Strategy, UK Consulting, CBRE
- What’s driving office attendance, and the continued misalignment between employee and organisational wants
- How the office (and its location) needs to adapt, earning the commute through human centric and experiential design
- Cost reduction and a flight to quality, the growing focus on portfolio optimisation
Click here to Download a copy of the Agenda.
Andy Thompson, Co-chair of the Society for Location Analysis and Lead Coach, Red Tiger Coaching
Andy has a strong background in retail, leisure and commercial property development specialising in providing business services in consumer behavioural analysis and analytical data systems to clients in these sectors.
He holds a great passion for developing people and helping them realise their full potential in both their personal and work lives. Andy loves the outdoors, planning expeditions, kayaking, sailing, mountaineering and skiing, or just sleeping out local to home under the stars, known as bivvying!
Andy is married, with 3 grown up children and enjoys an active life with his family.
Steve Halsall, Co-chair of The Society for Location Analysis and Founding Director, Coaching and Consulting Lead
Red Tiger Consulting
Steve has worked in analytics for over 25 years – with various senior roles in consulting and client side. His real passion is to help build successful teams that evolve their capability (skills, software and data) in order to meet the ever–changing requirements of analysis and insight. Steve has two young children, supports Liverpool FC and enjoys long walks with his trusty working cocker spaniel. He climbed Mount Kilimanjaro for charity in Sept 2022 and plans to publish his first book in Sept 2023.
Paul Wells, Workplace Strategy, UK Consulting, CBRE
Paul joined CBRE in 2021 following a career in Financial Services. Most recently he held leadership responsibilities for workplace design, innovation and transformation for the world’s largest Building Society.
Paul currently leads the CRE Future of Work function for a major Global Banking client, acting as a trusted advisor and engaging influencer. With a distinct perspective on workplace strategy, he has been a driving force for the Bank’s global ambitions, governance model and approaches, whilst ensuring alignment of both the HR and IT agendas.
He is able to navigate highly complex environments and naturally identify a pathway forward, creatively solving real business problems. A real people person, Paul authentically leads with passion, care and humour that inspires and drives urgency, excellence and collaboration.
Within CBRE, Paul has become an authoritative voice on the post pandemic workplace, supporting the development of our people and capabilities.
Thanks for a great evening
We would like to thank all 40 of you who attended this event, it was a fantastic venue, brilliant presentations and some really thought provoking discussions. It was also great to see our networking in person again. We have lots of plans for 2024 and will be planning our calendar of events over the next few months so please get in touch if you would like to speak or provide a venue.
Finally a huge thank you our speakers , Lydia and Paul who gave up their time to join us and share their research, insights and wisdom.
If you’re not yet a member of the SLA, click here to Join today. It’s completely free to be a member of the SLA and there are many benefits!
Tell us what you want from the SLA
We would love to hear your views on how you’d like us to run the SLA going forwards.
Please complete this short survey on The Future of the SLA, which should only take a few minutes. It will help us to make the SLA even better in the years to come.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.