The last time we shared a membership update was back in 2020 so we thought it was about time for another. Here is a round up of what’s been going on at the SLA over the last few years.
Membership rose by over 100 in 2020 but dipped last year when we only attracted 65 new members. However we don’t lose members often, and usually only when they move out of the field.
If we continue to grow as we have done so far this year we hope to reach new member numbers similar to 2020. This would mean we will attract a predicted total of approximately 100 new members in 2022.
Please help us grow by sharing event details and emails with colleagues and contacts who are not members and you think might be interested.
You can read the previous Membership update 2020 here.
We held two online events in 2021 and so far two this year:
- Resilience and Sustainability – 18th May 2021
- – 37 attendees (59 booked)
- Convenience vs Sustainability? 22nd September 2021
- – 39 attendees (66 booked)
- Logistics and the future of retail real estate, 10th Feb 2022
- – 44 attendees (78 booked)
- Salary Survey Results and panel session – 26th April 2022
- 46 booked at time of writing
We tend to get quite a few drop outs from initial bookings, but on the whole, attendance is respectable. We haven’t reached the heady heights of those first lockdown events when we were all hungry for zoom!
In November 2020 we had 128 booked and 85 attending ‘Retail in a Crisis – Adapt, Survive & Thrive’ – our best attended event ever!
We also hope to celebrate our 20th year with you all later this year so watch out for dates and invitations for that.
Join us on social media
We are active on Twitter and LinkedIn, sharing other topical events, training and news from our sponsors.
Please follow us:
- Twitter – @SocLocAnalysis – 373 followers
- SLA on LinkedIn (410 followers) and our SLA Group (808 members)
We’re trying to generate more engagement so would love to hear more from you, what would you like to hear more of?
Thanks to all our speakers, delegates and especially to our committee for making sure these events happen. Here’s to another successful year of the SLA.