There are 2 Advanced courses to support understanding across Excel’s extensive analysis and visualisation features.
- Course 1 – Advanced Excel for Analysis
- Course 2 – Advanced Excel for Visualisation
Course 1 – Advanced Excel for Analysis, 24th May and 28th June
This course provides training and practical examples of a
wider range of Excel features and functions in support of
heavy duty data analysis.
- Functions – OFFSET, INDIRECT, IFS, SWITCH
- IFERROR function and error codes – #VALUE!, #NAME?, #DIV/0!, #REF!, #NULL!, #N/A, #NUM!
- Arrays and array formulas
- Dynamic array functions – UNIQUE, SORT, SORTBY,
- SEQUENCE, RANDARRAY, FILTER
- Other advanced analysis features: Splitting Columns, Data Validation, Goal Seek, Data Analysis ToolPak, Remove Duplicates, What-if Analysis, Consolidate, Groups and Subtotals
Advanced Excel for Visualisation, 25th May and 29th June
This course focuses on creating visualisations and outputs to
aid data insight, reporting or dashboards. You will be armed
with a plethora of example charts to use in your own work.
- Charting principles – deciding which charts to use when, good labelling and design, use of multiple variable charts
- Conditional formatting
- Excel Chart Types – including column and bar charts, line and area charts, pie and doughnut charts, sparklines
- Creating map visualisations
- Sharing content – output to emails, reports or web pages
These are both 4 hour day courses broken into the following
• Day class – 9.30am – 10.30am, 10.45am – 11.45am, 12
noon – 1.00pm, 1.30pm – 2.30pm
Course fees – per person, including VAT
• Advanced Excel for Analysis – £99.00 (* £89.10, ** £79.20)
• Advanced Excel for Visualisation – £99.00 (* £89.10, ** £79.20)
Refer a Colleague/Friend discount: if you and at least one
colleague or friend book at least 2 full weeks before the course
start date you will both be entitled to a 10% discount.
** Graduate/Job Seeker**: if you are a recent graduate or
someone who is currently out of work and seeking a new role if
you book at least 2 weeks in advance of the course start date
then you will be entitled to a 20% discount.
To book email firstname.lastname@example.org to book or find out more.