Javelin Group are offering a placement opportunity to any geography or location analyst student for the year 2020/21.
Europe’s leading – and largest – specialist firm of retail strategy consultants
Javelin Group, part of Accenture Strategy, provides strategy consulting and digital transformation services to the world’s leading retailers and consumer brands. For retailers and brands all over the world, we plan and implement strategies to enable them to anticipate and respond to the rapid changes in customer shopping habits, retail technologies and the competitive environment, to ensure that they thrive in the coming decade.
Locations & Analytics
Using leading-edge analytics and best-in-class business intelligence tools, our Locations & Analytics team helps retailers and brands to optimise and expand their store portfolios and advises shopping centre and travel hub owners/investors on optimising their investments. With over 25 years’ experience, our team goes well beyond the traditional scope of location analysis, combining and analysing data from a wide variety of sources (including original consumer research and our own proprietary insight tools) to deliver high-quality, fact-based, actionable evaluations of store portfolios and function-rich, easy-to-use analytics software.
The analyst will work within the Locations & Analytics team providing research and data to support the delivery of successful client projects. The position would involve:
- Data research, preparation and interpretation
- Data modelling and performance analysis e.g. regression modelling, gravity modelling etc.
- Field visits to stores and shopping centres
- Day to day management of team admin
A successful candidate for this position would have the following profile:
- Relevant degree (including geography, analytics, statistics etc.)
- Bright A-Level student (minimum AAB)
- Strong organisational skills and professional manner
- Analytical mind with good mathematics and literacy skills
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Confident, proactive and adaptable
- Articulate, literate and professional at all times
- Basic understanding of Alteryx and Tableau
- Experience of GIS programs (e.g. MapInfo, ArcGIS)
- Experience of Microsoft Office (esp. PowerPoint, Excel)
Important information and dates
- Closing date: 5th December 2019
- Interview date: Interviews will take place on 7th January 2020
- Location of placement: 200 Aldersgate Street, London EC1A 4HD
- Length of placement: 1 year (summer 2020 to summer 2021 – exact dates to be agreed with successful applicant)
- Salary: Competitive
- Job title: Locations & Analytics – Associate Consultant
Click below the download a PDF of the full job specification.